Our Puffs & Ponies come in three different textures and three different attachment styles. What they have in common is how the hair is attached to the base. The wefts are sewn on in horizontal rows. We recommend using weft sealant as an added protection against shedding.
Before Wearing: Spray this hair with a conditioner + water mix to refresh the curls if necessary.
After Wearing: Detangle the hair weft by weft and store neatly away.
After 5 Wears: Wash, deep condition, and apply the recommended products.
Learn how to care for your ponytail weft by weft. While the products in this video are specific to the Fro collection, the techniques are still the same.
1. Detangle using the steps above beforehand. FAILING TO DO SO MIGHT RUIN YOUR PUFF/PONYTAIL. THIS IS NOT A GAME.
2. Wash in a big tub or sink for space.
3. Work one weft at a time. Use duck clips to keep the rest of the hair separate.
4. Apply a moisturizing shampoo to the hair in downward strokes. Do this for all the wefts. Never scrunch the hair or rub it together.
5. Rinse so the water runs straight down the hair (this is when using a tub is helpful).
6. Working one weft at a time, apply ample amounts of conditioner.
7. Gently brush the lower quadrant of the hair until it is detangled. Move your way up to the second quadrant until it too is detangled. Gently work your your way up. Then let the conditioner sit on the hair for a deep condition treatment.
8. When finished with all wefts, rinse so the water runs straight down the hair.
9. Select your texture from the list above and follow the next steps.
I use at least twice this much rinse-out conditioner. The more conditioner you use, the less shedding you'll see during the care process. That's why I recommend Tresemme's Moisture Rich. You can buy a huge jug of it for a low cost and it works very well.