Our Fro Collection is coarse and kinky, with a tight curl at the bottom of the hair shaft. It has a low luster and a cottony feel. It requires a lot of moisture and a good care routine. We highly encourage using our recommended products (found below) for this texture.
Before Wearing: Spray this hair with a conditioner + water mix to refresh the curls if necessary.
After Wearing: Detangle the hair weft by weft and store neatly away.
After 3 - 5 Wears: Wash, deep condition, apply a leave-in conditioner, curling cream, and a gel on the ends.
1) Put one weft in the caddy.
2) Spritz a small section with a conditioner + water mix to moisten the hair.
3) Add the Monat Restore Leave-in conditioner and detangle with your fingers. Smooth the hair until the ends form ringlets.
5) Repeat these steps on the next small section of hair.
Pro Tip: Only add product if necessary. Sometimes spritzing with water is enough because the product will reactivate!
1. Detangle using the steps above beforehand.
2. Wash in a big tub or sink for space.
3. Work one weft at a time, thoroughly soak the hair (it should reduce in volume).
4. Apply a moisturizing shampoo to the hair in downward strokes. Never scrunch the hair or rub it together.
5. Rinse so the water runs straight down the hair (this is when using a tub is helpful).
6. Apply ample amounts of conditioner. AMPLE. Fistfuls. Apply that much.
7. Gently brush the lower quadrant of the hair until it is detangled. Move your way up to the second quadrant until it too is detangled. Gently work your your way up. Then let the conditioner sit on the hair for a deep condition treatment.
8. Rinse so the water runs straight down the hair.
9. Apply the Monat Restore Leave-in conditioner (or a leave-in and curling cream).
10. Smooth the ends until they form ringlets.